WATER SUPPLY PROJECT
Through its parts of the operation, FAYO has been implementing a project on clean water supply for various communities’ water and sanitation issues. The project is about drilling a water well at Ngomani Shehia, Sipwese Villange and their adjacent villages in Mkoani District. Prior to the project, the communities in the project areas have faced an acute shortage of safe and clean water for a long time People lived without reliable water sources and they are in danger to suffer from water born disease.
The main objective of the project was to improve the health and quality of life of the people in the mentioned areas through water well drilling, construction of clean water supply systems, provision of water and sanitation services on a sustainable basis.
Through this project, there were the following results.
- Improved access to clean water supply and sanitation services to people living at Ngomani, Sipwese Shehia and adjacent villages
- Reduced the incidence of water borne and water related diseases through the provision of clean/safe water to people living at Ngomani Shehia and adjacent villages
- Reduced the workload and drudgery of women and children who had to fetch and carry water on their heads from long distance
- Improved health and socioeconomic well-being of the people living at Ngomani Shehia and adjacent villages through the provision of water and sanitation services on a sustainable basis
- Increased employment opportunities particularly for youth and women who will engage in increased production opportunities as a result of adequate water supply.
- Increased farm production by enabling women to utilize their time and energy for business or agricultural production instead of using it to fetch water.
FOOD SUPPLY PROJECT
In one year of operation, FAYO has reached a big number of the needy in different communities, developing a support concept through community based food supply to the most vulnerable children and orphans in Zanzibar. The project is about providing food for disadvantaged children in different villages who are in need. The goal of the project is to improve the health and well-being of different needy children who live under very poor conditions in terms of their living conditions due to excessive poverty and losing their parents
Through the project, a number of effects were realized as mentioned hereunder:-
- Improved the delivery of food to the most vulnerable children and orphans in Zanzibar
- Improved the social wellbeing of the most vulnerable children and orphans in Zanzibar
- Improved the health expectance and desire of living for the most vulnerable children and orphans in Zanzibar
- Increased the opportunities of children to engage in the education sector and being educated citizens and good human capital asset of the future generation.
CLOTHES SUPPLY PROJECT
The most recent work done by the “Faraja Yetu Organization” was working with the key residents in distributing clothes for the needy. The project was completed with the provision of clothes to 130 street children, disadvantaged children, orphans and most marginalized groups aged between 5 to 15 years who lack decent clothes to wear.They always depend on used clothes donated by local people.The objective of the project was to show love and care for orphans and the abandoned children, put smiles on their faces and boost their hopes and confidence in life
This micro project solves many problems by providing new clothes to the 130 underprivileged children, which are in need of them. Children feel happy and it also improves their confidence in other aspects. They will not feel pity for themselves. They feel loved and respect their dignity.